The Tribe is a dream place for tourists who would wish to enjoy a luxurious stay while in Kenya. Located within the Gigiri district, this luxurious hotel is considered to be one of the best facilities adjacent to the village market. The hotel is a convenient place for both tourists and business travelers due to its location near the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (16km), the National Museum of Kenya (8km), and Nairobi International Airport which is 25km away. The rooms at The Tribe are well-decorated with facilities like hair dryers, complimentary bottled water, and glass floor-to-ceiling windows with great views, air conditioning, flat television sets, mosquito nets, and bathrooms with a bathtub, twin beds, king-size beds, and modern toilets. The rooms vary in size and categories like family rooms, and rooms with single, double, and twin beds, and these come at different costs ranging from $350 and above depending on the season whether peak or low season. Note that the hotel does not allow pets and children of all ages are welcome at the Tribe Hotel.
Accommodation at the Tribe Hotel
The tribe hotel has 137 suites and guest rooms that offer unrivalled luxury. The hotel has several suites that cater to all types of tourists visiting Nairobi including the VIP wing which offers privacy to the guests, the penthouse, and the double-storeyed lofts among others. The VIP wing is made up of a security room, a presidential suite, three deluxe rooms, Ambassador Suite, and a superior room.
Below is a list of rooms that you can book in terms of preference.
P This is the main attraction in the VIP wing and covers 1100 sq feet with security and luxurious comfort. The one-bedroom suite has a living room, over-sized chairs, and a private balcony overlooking a protected wetland, dining table, guest bathroom, master bathroom, plasma TV, sound system, rain shower, a king size bed, and 300 thread count sheets, mini bar, and free WIFI.
This is part of the seven rooms that were set up to fit the needs of an entourage, delegation, or a large group of tourists. It is 700 sq. feet designed with a rain shower, king sized bed, a workstation, two television sets, a bathtub, original art pieces, and a minibar among others.
The Deluxe rooms at the Tribe are 320 sq. feet with either king size or twin beds, a workstation, a good sized bathtub in some of the deluxe rooms, a television set with an inbuilt DVD player, rain shower, and a workstation.
The penthouse covering 1000 sq. feet is the only celebrity room in Nairobi offering comfortable lodgings to guests. It is located on two levels with a rain shower, security room, work room, storage facilities, oversized sofas, two television sets one in the bedroom and the other in the living room, a guest bathroom, floor to ceiling windows, a walk-in closet, a bathtub, and it is connected by mahogany staircases.
These have facilities like a rain shower, two beds or a king size bed, work station, oversized windows, a television set (42 inch), spacious rooms, and they cover 500 sq. feet.
Superior rooms and Loft business suites
The business loft was mainly designed to fit the needs of traveling businessmen and women. It is found on two levels and a clear separation between the business and play areas. It is furnished with king or twin beds, a rain shower, great views of the protected wetland, two television sets, covers 550 sq. feet and has a workstation.
The superior rooms on the other hand are spacious luxurious rooms covering 440 sq. feet and are furnished with a rain shower, workstation, twin beds or king size beds, 42-inch television, and oversized windows offering great views of the surrounding areas. The Tribe hotel is Sister hotel to one of the finest mid range hotels; The Trademark Hotel. Both are located in the Gigiri area around Village Market, Nairobi.
Facilities at the Tribe
The Tribe offers some of the best luxurious facilities in Nairobi and they aim at making sure that their guests are comfortable throughout their stay. The facilities at the Tribe include the following:
- open bathrooms
- Free WIFI: this is available in all the rooms at the Tribe and it can also be accessed in the dining area. It is a high internet speed which allows you to stay in touch with your friends, and family. (Guests are provided with a password to use throughout their stay).
- floor-to-ceiling windows
- satellite television sets
- an electronic safe
- universal plugs
- blackout curtains
- hair dryer
- high pressure showers
- Mini bar: the well-stocked bar has complimentary drinks like wines, cocktails, local drinks (beer and wine), spirits, and International drinks, and these can be taken from your private balcony, rooms, or the shared lounge.
- large LCD TVs
- A gym: the gym is open 24 hours per day and the staff make sure that the guests follow their routine with no disruptions. Other fitness facilities include a massage parlour, sauna, and beauty spa. (Check out the Kaya spa for the best spa services).
- Jiko: this is a restaurant that has recently been introduced and it offers guests both local and international cuisines that are prepared using fresh ingredients. Their menus always have vegetables and grilled meat, pastries, bread, and many other meals. There is also a selection of wines to choose from and an attentive staff to cater to all your culinary needs. Make sure that you do not forget to taste the dessert.
- private screening room
- A heated pool, and rooftop bar, and there are several shops around the hotel where you can carry out personal shopping from.
- Other facilities like business Centres, free parking, laundry services, housekeeping, boardroom, 24-hour front desk services, Doctor on call, multi-lingual staff, and a swimming pool among others.
The hotel has great designs that give a high level of elegance with the mahogany staircases, and walk-in closets, and although you will get to hear some noise especially, for tourists with rooms near the entrance, it is generally a solid quiet affair. The hotel is a good destination for special memories, family gatherings, business meetings, and parties.
How to get to the Tribe Hotel
Its strategic location makes the Tribe Hotel easy to get to. Private shuttle services are used, airport transfers and taxis can be used, and depending on how heavy or slow the traffic is, the hotel is about 45 minutes away from the airport.